Sunday, December 27, 2009

Garlic Mashed Potatoes: Wolfgang Puck Cafe, Orlando

Wolfgang Puck is my favorite chef because his personality is upbeat and his food is unpredictable. He makes eating an enjoyable experience which is why I always visit his restaurant in Florida.

When I go there for dinner, the menu offers sushi, specialty pizzas, pastas and meat dishes... but my absolute favorite isn't a main dish, dessert or appetizer... it's his side dish!

It seems so simple but his Garlic Mashed Potatoes are just: SO YUM. They're creamy (no lumps!) and topped with chives; you get a taste of garlic each spoonful, but it's not overwhelming at all- I swear. And with each bite you just want more. Usually this comes with the Rosemary Roasted Chicken, but whether I choose the chicken dish or a pizza or a plate of sushi... I will order garlic mash on the side.

Sometimes I'll just get garlic mashed potatoes as a main dish at the Wolfgang Puck Express next door (which is basically an in & out version of the actual restaurant).

There are tons of these express restaurants all over the US, so it's great for people who are in a hurry, want to take out or don't want to/ or have time for a sit down meal. You can get a majority of the same dishes that are being served at the restaurant... priced a little less...to go! To find the closest one to you, just google www.wolfgangpuck.com ;)

And as much as I love the FL restaurant, I cannot wait to go to Vegas and eat at Spagos one day. Actually I'd love to eat at all of his restaurants but I've heard great things about Spagos. So... when I get the chance to fly out to Nevada, that's where you can find me  :)

Baci e abbracci <3

PS- Sorry I didn't take a picture of the mashed potatoes... I ate them before I realized they were all gone...

PPS- Don't forget to "Take the time to LIVE LOVE EAT!" - W. Puck

No comments:

Post a Comment