Sunday, February 28, 2010

Everything: Ristorante Bice, Italy

My Mom's Friend frequents Milan on business trips and knows some of the best places to eat. She passed on a list of restaurant and I chose to take my Mom to Bice for her first visit to Milan.

http://www.oraviaggiando.it/amministrazione/ristoranti/s--fp-ristorante_Bice_Milano.jpgBice is an upscale restaurant, known for its quality and it's culture. It's on a side street off Montenapoleone (the IT street for fashion designers) and on the same road as Versace Home. When we arrived, we handed our coats the girl at the coat check, walked in and told one of the waiters that we had a reservation for two.

We sat down in the middle of the restaurant at 2:15 and took in the atmosphere. We sat across from an older gentleman, who was dressed to perfection... my Mom said he looked "familiar" meaning... he must be a well-known designer.

The atmosphere is just exciting as the menu- and for our first course we decided to order the dishes recommended by my Mom's Friend: Veal Milanese and Risotto Gorganzola.

When the food came out, I wasn't impressed with the presentation, but I was blown away by the flavors and the quality. Every bite was amazing. The meat was so tender; I was able to cut it with a butter knife. The portions were decent and not overwhelming.

Luckily we had room for dessert and ordered Tortino Ciccolato con Gelato Pistacchio. And I'm not lying when I say this... it was love at first bite. The chocolate sent chills all over my body and found myself saying "MMmmmMmmm, even after I had finished my share of the dessert.

The food was fantastic. The service was fantastic. The atmosphere was fantastic. I can't wait to go back. Maybe we can go together- meet you on Via Borgospesso :)

Oh yeah, apologies for the lack of photography, I only managed to take one picture of the dessert. Mother advised that I could cause a controversy if I took pictures of the food because the staff might be worried about people stealing the recipe and what not... so I guess you'll just have to go there for yourself :)

Baci e abbracci <3

No comments:

Post a Comment