Sunday, January 31, 2010

Curry Chicken Salad: Urth Caffe, LA

I don't know why, but it's midnight and I'm totally craving the Curry Chicken Sandwich from an LA favorite. But I'm totally blanking on the name. It's a tiny place near Melrose, with outdoor seating... hearts... weird spelling... something about earth... Urth Caffe!!!

God.

I cannot explain how much I love this place. I think it will always have a special place in my heart.

Aside from the shitty indoor seating area and the crowds that form by the register when you're trying to place your order... this will always be one of my favorite places to go to in LA. Well as long as they still have the curry chicken sandwich. I don't know what it is... the crunchiness of the salad, the moist chicken sans overwhelming curry taste/texture, the juicy raisins, the fresh bread... ugh I just don't know...it's SO good.

I haven't been to LA in a couple years so I really feel like I'm missing out. During my last trip to LA I wasn't able to make it out there, but next time I'll take a trip specifically for this sandwich. And I'm totally being serious. I've even gone to great lengths to have this sandwich- I've actually smuggled this sandwich on a plane from LA to NY. So if you're in the LA area, there are a few of these organic caffes in the major towns. Just check out Urth Caffe's website. And once you find a location, do yourself a favor and devour everything they have.

Baci e Abbracci <3

No comments:

Post a Comment